We also had the customer update to Cumulative Update 6 and the issue still persisted.
At this point, I wanted to verify the cmdlets were still present and available on the system (trying to rule out an odd corruption issue) so I opened Power Shell and manually loaded the Exchange module (bypassing RBAC) by running the following command: The New-Mail Contact cmdlet was available and working.
I compared these to my lab environment and they all appeared correct.
Also, and this is important, check to make sure that you have either an Enterprise (E) or an Educational (A) Office 365 subscription level.
Address book policy routing is currently not supported on lower subscription levels and instructions in this article will not work.
This world is expanding big and today’s need is collaboration and many organizations are following it.
This is increasing mergers and acquisitions which is resulting one company with multiple organizations.